[nobe-l] Writing complaints

Marianne Haas advocate at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 1 16:20:01 UTC 2017

Good Morning,
My name is Marianne and I am a retired Teacher.  I can tell you that I had a sheet called: Excuses students use.  The best I heard, was a six year old boy who said he could not do his braille homework as his four year old Brother buried the braille writer in the backyard.

If I had a student who talked about his hand hurting, I would tell the student I would call the parent to find out if there was any medical condition I needed to be aware of.  Most students using excuses do not want their parents called.

Other excuses:
My homework was blown out of the window on the freeway.
My dog ate the homework.

Anyone on this list can add what they have heard for excuses.  I would like to have a good laugh.

Marianne