[nobe-l] Question about apps used in the classroom

Annely Rose annely53r at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 20:08:33 UTC 2017

Hi,

Here is some information I copied and pasted from another list I belong to with the Florida Instructional Materials Center for the Visually Impaired.  They had and are having several webinars.  Those that have occurred are podcasted and can be viewed.  I don't remember all of them, but they are listed on the site.  Hope this is helpful.

2016-17 FIMC-VI Webinars

When
Thursday, January 26, 2017

2:00 - 3:30 P.M. (ET)
Add to Calendar

Where

https://fimcvi.adobeconnect.com/technology/

The Webinar - Accessible Calculators is Thursday, January 26, 2017, at 2:00 p.m. (ET).  Join Andrea Wallace as she demonstrates the accessibility features of the Orion TI-30XS and the Orion TI-84 Plus from American Printing House for the Blind (APH). Information will be provided regarding calculators that can be used for Florida Assessments.

 Webinar - Accessible Calculators
Even though the target audience is teachers of the visually impaired or program supervisors, everyone is welcome to join us.  Please forward this email to new teachers, new supervisors, or anyone that would benefit from this information. If you are not able to join us live, the recorded version will be posted on the FIMC-VI website on the Training page.

Webinar Time: 2:00 - 3:30 P.M. (ET)

Date: Wednesday, January 26, 2017

Those of you working from a computer will click on the following link: Accessible Calculators.  If you are using an iPad or mobile device, download the Adobe Connect Mobile App prior to the webinar. When asked for the URL:

https://fimcvi.adobeconnect.com/technology/

Select ENTER AS A GUEST, then type in your full name and school district (this is our sign-in sheet).  Once you are in the room, be sure you have audio speakers or headphones set to the correct volume.

The virtual room will open at 1:00 p.m. so you can download handouts, check your settings or familiarize yourself with the technology. If you have problems, please call 813-837-7829 before 1:45 p.m.  Since we are recording the sessions, we will not stop to troubleshoot during the session.

FIMC-VI looks forward to learning with you this year! Feel free to contact us with any questions.

Thanks for all you do for kids!

Andrea Wallace

Florida Instructional Materials Center for the Visually Impaired

awallace at fimcvi.org

813-837-7730