[nobe-l] Early childhood education or elementary education

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 2 23:16:25 UTC 2017

Kayla,

I hope you have decided on a major right for you. My thought is the
elmentary ed degree will give you more flexibility in what to teach and whom
to teach. Early childhood typically focuses on K through3 grades.

As for after school programs, you generally just need some college
education, some experience with children, and a clear criminal record.
Day cares usually do not require a degree in education. So, you could
probably do that now. It would be good experience. I hope your blindness
would not be a factor in watching kids. Its worth a try.

Ashley