[nobe-l] childcare and supervision of kids

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 13 17:05:20 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I’m interested in contributing to children’s well being and learning in a fun way.
Toward this end, I want to be hired as a child care staff member.

I’m considering going to grad school to be a teacher still, but a part time job working with kids will allow me to get experience and save up some money.

Is anyone providing childcare here? What are techniques you might use to keep track of kids and know who is doing what?
The childcare environment has many of the activities you kindergarten and first grade educators might do.
So, even though you might primarily be a teacher, the same skills might apply to me.

The childcare job  is in a county recreation facility; the purpose is for staff to provide childcare while parents are pursuing recreation activities at the  center. The activities in the childcare room include, legos, puzzles, coloring books, small games such as a circle game, some outside activities, and arts and crafts. Other than supervising the kids coloring or a paint craft activity, I think I can be involved. I have tunnel vision and cannot see what they are drawing or coloring. So, perhaps, another staff member can do this part.
What do you think? However, I can definitely get on the floor with them as they play with legos, blocks and puzzles. Not only do they make noise I can hear, but they also are tactile which enables me to touch them to know what kids are building.

Thanks.

Ashley