[nobe-l] Teaching

Silver Oonyu oonyusilver at gmail.com
Tue May 23 09:39:20 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Again, my name is Silver Francis Oonyu, M.Ed.  I got a chance to study at
the University of Pittsburgh, PA using a scholarship from Ford Foundation
and yet I am a Ugandan.  I decided to return to my country to help children
with low vision and those with blindness.  The ministry of education and
sports sent me to work at St. Francis Secondary School for the Blind,
Madera in 2012 to teach Access Technology.  But, I did not feel comfortable
because many children could not attend this facility because of lack of
money.  In 2014 I started a little school what the Board of Directors
preferred to call Silver Francis Oonyu Memorial Inclusive Community
Education and Learning Center, SMILE P.O. Box 75, Soroti - Uganda.   Anyone
can do a Google Search on the same and will find out more information on
it.  It is in the rural settings on Soroti District, Eastern Uganda.

However, I now have about 300 students but there are a number challenges
that I am getting discouraged.  There is famine which resulted from the bad
changes in weather.  Feeding the students is a very big problem.  I have
also failed to pay the few teacher that I have.  There are no braille
equipment, among other things.  That is why I am appealing to anyone on
this list who might want to help in any way possible.  You can can back to
me privately on opucetinclusivevillage at gmail.com.  Also, on cell phone
number 0779334895.  One can dial o11 to get out of the US.  The Uganda Code
is +256.  So, I can be reached on 011256779334895.

Together we can make a difference!