[nobe-l] help with Synergy

gpaikens at gmail.com gpaikens at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 01:12:30 UTC 2017

Hi Craig,
I used Synergy when I was teaching in middle school and would say that
"partially accessible" is a good description. I had to use multiple browsers
to accomplish anything. For example, I could only create new assignments in
Chrome but for some reason the buttons to enter grades would not show up in
Chrome, so I had to use Firefox to enter the grades.

One thing that I did find was that when I clicked on a button, it made
changes that appeared in a completely different location on the screen.
Short of exploring the screen every time I clicked, I would have never
noticed. I sat down with a sighted colleague after spending a week or two
frustrated and she told me what she saw happen when I clicked on certain
things. This gave me ideas of what to search for using the JAWS Find
command, which made the system more usable.

You could also try the On Mouse Over command for JAWS, Control + Insert +
Enter, to see if that works more reliably. I don't know that I knew of that
command when I was using the system. I have not used it in over a year
though.

I hope this helps.

Best,
Greg