[nobe-l] Preparing for Interview for education related jobs

Valeria Jacobs vparadiso92 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 19:24:06 UTC 2017

Hi Miso,

You have already detected a couple of the most common questions that are asked throughout interviews. Most supervisors want to ensure that you would be able to manage student/yourself in a way that is both safe and efficient. So indicating that you would be able to scan and produced materials in a format that you would be able to use would show potential employers that you already have systems in place. Also, you can talk about verbal strategies as well as other kinds of systems you would employ in your own classroom to manage your room. These include things like having student say their names when they wish to speak, as well as putting a bell on the door to indicate people are going in and out. Whatever it is that you choose to do.

Other common questions have to do with safety, such as your system for fire drills, playground activities if you work with younger children, etc. You would need to describe what you would do and how you would do it in order to show that you know what you were doing. Also, you may get questions about grading and feedback. Many teachers choose to give work back electronically, while others sit down with a reader. This is totally up to you. But you want to make sure you have worked out a system before you describe it. Also, don't be shy to bring up any of these points. As the potential employer may be too scared to ask you anything.

Hope this helps! Please reach out if you have more questions.
Valeria

Sent from my iPhone