[nobe-l] Blind Poet on Accessibility and Online Workshops

Emily K. Michael emily.k.michael at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 15:17:25 UTC 2018

Dear Colleagues:

As April is National Poetry Month, I have been celebrating on my blog. My most recent post is an interview with Jill Khoury, whose work may be familiar to you. Jill edits Rogue Agent, a journal of embodied poetry, and she also teaches for The Poetry Barn, where I took her workshop, Writing Poems from the Body.

In this post, I asked for Jill’s thoughts on teaching with Poetry Barn as well as offering workshops online and in person. She had some wonderful insights to share on the accessibility and community-building offered in an online forum.

Here’s the link: https://areyouseeingthis.wordpress.com/2018/04/07/jill-khouryonpoetrybarn/ <https://areyouseeingthis.wordpress.com/2018/04/07/jill-khouryonpoetrybarn/>

Happy Poetry Month to you!

Warmly,
Emily