[NOBE-L] Online Teaching?

sarah at sarahblakelarose.com sarah at sarahblakelarose.com
Sun Aug 25 15:08:55 UTC 2019

Hello Shonen.
I teach online for two universities. I am happy to talk with you about how I work. Each university has its own procedures and ways of doing things. Some require that you teach courses that someone else has prepared in advance, and others allow you to develop your own course material. Learning management interfaces can differ somewhat in the way that the front end is designed, but most have accessibility options that are fairly good now and I have not had a problem with the two systems I have worked with. I am up front with students regarding blindness and this has not been a problem. I welcome their questions, though so far no one has asked anything.
Please drop a line if you have further questions. I teach biblical languages and related courses. I would encourage you to interact with sighted colleagues in your field as well to learn about the general practices of teaching online in your field. In my field, not many people are teaching online, so I ended up doing my doctoral project regarding the experiences of students in the online Hebrew courses and the impact of teaching interventions on student success and satisfaction. The project is allowing me to make further contributions to my field in places that need new publications.

Rev. Sarah Blake LaRose, D.Min.
http://www.sarahblakelarose.com