[NOBE-L] Preschool and podcast

Catherine Mendez caitryl at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 18:42:20 UTC 2019

Hi Jewel,

I have a certificate to teach early childhood.  I have taught kindergarten and first grade, and am certified to teach pre-school but haven’t yet.  You might want to check out this podcast:

http://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/podcast/nations-blind/2019_nations_blind_podcast_august_episode_2.mp3

Here’s the blurb:

“This episode of the Nation’s Blind Podcast continues our back to school series as Chris Danielsen chats with Cayte Mendez, a blind teacher in New York, about how she prepares for the year ahead. Cayte also offers some tips for blind people hoping to become teachers”

I hope this helps.  Please feel free to email me if you have more questions!

Cayte Mendez
President, National Organization of Blind Educators, A division of the National Federation of the Blind