[NOBE-L] Tactile Picture Books

Georgie S. sydnorhg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 14:16:15 UTC 2020

Hey Emily,
As a fellow person with residual vision studying to become a teacher and also a former employee of National Braille Press, I'll second that NBP's an excellent choice. There quality's fantastic. Just to give you a free alternative, I often download books with picture descriptions from Bookshare and then pick up the print version of the picture book from the public library. Then I use AIRA for details I can't catch in the pictures. That's a tad more work, but I've found it a very effective strategy for someone who doesn't want to purchase a new picture book for every weekly assignment. Of course, buying those books now will give you a great resource for your students down the road, depending what direction you're going in education.

Best,
Georgie

Sent from my iPhone