[NOBE-L] Teaching College

humberto_avila.it104 at outlook.com humberto_avila.it104 at outlook.com
Mon Nov 2 02:37:27 UTC 2020

Hello Leslie,

I know, from my educator preparationprogram in K-12 teaching, we get constant assignments for philosophy statements. It's basically saying, how will you connect with your students? How open will you be in communication? What is your strategy for building diversity, accessibility and equity into your own curriculum?

It might be different as a college professor, but I'd say, definitely, putting your reflection about how to make the experience more accessible for all students, and actually how you will model the expectation, will get you a long, long way in promoting awareness in accessibility for whatever students / subject area you are teaching, and will definitely get you hired 😊

Best regards,

Humberto