[NOBE-L] Providing Feedback on Students' Presentation

misokwak12 at gmail.com misokwak12 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 07:52:14 UTC 2021

Hello All,

I am about to assign my students to prepare an individual presentation, with
a powerpoint slide being optional component.

I teach English speaking courses at a university outside of the U.S., and
because of the current COVID-19 restrictions, all of my classes are virtual.

I have been a student or an audience member many times when powerpoint
presentations are being delivered but never really been on the other end
where I will be expected to comment and provide feedback on my students'
presentations.

I'd appreciate any advice and thoughts you may have on how you go about this
task.

Do you explicitly ask students to describe any relevant and important photos
on the slide?

Or do you just bypass the pictures and focus on other elements of the
presentation?

The main focus for me would be to hear from students deliver their
presentation and provide feedback on their spoken English and content of
what they said, so maybe it is not such a big deal that I couldn't say a lot
about pictures in their presentation, but I also want to be as prepared as I
can be.

Thank you in advance.

Miso Kwak Ed.M.

(Pronouns: she, her, hers)