[NOBE-L] seeking advice around student teaching issues

Dennis Miller millerdennis893 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 01:09:25 UTC 2021

All the responses you have received are spot-on so there isn't much I can add to what has already been said but I did want to make one point that really jumped out at me.

I find it very hard to believe that an institution as prestigious as Berkley College  Of Music hasn't had a blind person in a similar situation as yours.  Did they require them to have a sighted assistant?  I should think that if that were the case the NFB would have heard about it and taken steps to rectify the situation.  Is there any sort of disability resource office there?  This almost sounds like an arbitrary decision to me and I just can't help but wonder if this has happened before and how it was dealt with.
Dennis