[NOBE-L] At-home COVID tests

Catherine Mendez caitryl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 16:15:35 UTC 2022

Good morning all,
The following is a quote from President Riccabono from a mailing he sent this week to division and affiliate presidents. As educators, many of us are  receiving at home Covid  tests through our school districts, or in the process of having our unions fight to get that done. If you have information regarding the accessibility of at home Covid tests, please see below.

“ I was interviewed by the local ABC affiliate here in Baltimore, and an article appeared today in the New York Times quoting me on at-home testing accessibility issues. If you have not already activated members in your affiliate/division on this topic, please do so. If you learn about the accessibility of a particular kind of at-home COVID test, please share that with our staff here at the national office. Karl Belanger (kbelanger at nfb.org) is taking the lead on compiling information about test accessibility.”

Cayte Mendez
President, National Organization of Blind Educators, A division of the National Federation of the Blind