[NOBE-L] Integration and segregation

Leki Chedup lekichedup at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 08:47:30 UTC 2023

Dear all,

I believe that people in this broup are all experts on education of the
blind children. I therefore would like to seek your ideas, suggestions and
also share with me the best practices around the world on this subject.

At what age or grade are the blind children integrated into mainstream
schools?

How do the blind learners cope up with Science and Mathematics subjects with
the general curriculum?

What alternative pathways are created for the blind children who cannot cope
up in academic fields?

Your kind suggestions would be of great help for me as I also work in a
school for the blind in my country, Bhutan.

Thanking you,

Leki Chedup,

(Teacher)

Muenselling Institute for the Blind,