[NOBE-L] Taking A Test Through Pearson

Hope Paulos hope.paulos at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 20:28:42 UTC 2023

Good afternoon. I have taken many tests through Pearson. I actually took the
Massachusetts test for educator licensure (MTEL) online. When you register
for your test through Pearson, you'll need to make sure to request for
accommodations. When you do this, make sure you ask for double time, use of
a screen reader and Braille display (if you use one) and reader/recorder--
just in case the technology doesn't behave.
Once you do this, you won't have to run the software you mentioned. When I
took my exams online through Pearson, they used Microsoft Teams. They had me
share my screen as well as have my screen reader routed to the speakers so
they can hear it. I had my video on so they could see me. Everything was
read correctly with my screen reader and the people you will be dealing with
are extremely nice.
I hope this helps.
Hope