[Nyabs] Fwd: Newsline bills

Alexander Castillo alexandera.castillo at gmail.com
Fri May 14 05:53:37 UTC 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: NFBNY office <office at nfbny.org>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 14:13:05 -0400
Subject: Newsline bills
To: Romeo <romeoedmead at gmail.com>, Alexander Castillo
<alexandera.castillo at gmail.com>, Angie <arobin3911 at juno.com>, Chancey
<chancey.fleet at gmail.com>, Charlie <charlieofalbany at verizon.net>,
"David R. Stayer" <davidandloristayer at verizon.net>, Dennis
<dholston at nyc.rr.com>, Elaine <elainemrink at hotmail.com>, Julie
<jbrew48 at verizon.net>, Lucy <septembergirl95 at gmail.com>, Maria
<mtg129 at verizon.net>, Mike Robinson <buffnfb at gmail.com>, Mindy
Jacobsen <mindyjoy at nyc.rr.com>, Ray <rwayne1 at nyc.rr.com>, Wilber
<rub34nil8 at yahoo.com>, margo <margo.downey at verizon.net>

Please circulate the below to as many people as you think might help
us.  Note that the reference to "311" is for the benefit of New York
City residents.
Thanks, Carl

Stable funding for Newsline can be achieved through the passage of
Senate bill S2615 and Assembly bill A2467.  We have a commitment for
funding through July 31, 2010.  After that time, funding is in doubt.

The above referenced bills would cause no new taxes to be levied nor
would it require a budget appropriation.  It would however, make the
Newsline system available to an estimated one million print disabled
New Yorkers.

When you call, make the conversation personal.  Tell the person on the
other end of the line what Newsline means to you and how its loss
would negatively impact your life.

You need to call your local Senator and member of the Assembly.  If
you don’t know their numbers or who they are, you can get that
information by calling 311.  In addition, you need to call Assemblyman
Farrell (the Chairman of the Ways and Means Committee) at:
518-455-4100.  You also need to call Senator Carl Kruger (the Chairman
of the Senate Finance Committee) at:  518-455-2800.

The bills are before their committees and we would appreciate positive
action on them.  These calls need to happen weekly until the bills
are passed.

We can only achieve our goal if ALL of us give it our best efforts and
continue the work.

Thanks in advance for your help and if you have any questions please call.