[Nyabs] May Minutes

Lucy Cox septembergirl95 at gmail.com
Thu May 20 14:44:54 UTC 2010

May 19, 2010
Attendees: Alex, Katie, rob, nihal Will and Lucy

Membership Committee
Rob updated us on the web site
He has the  Main page, resource page, and plans to have contacts and a blog page.
June 15 or July 1 launch.
Facebook, twitter, and blog by the end of the month.
Will will do the blog and manage FB and Twitter.
Alex discussed Contacting chapters for interest in local divisions.
Ask Carl for a list of national scholarship winners from NY.
Reach out to Parents of Blind children.
Make presentations to schools
Fundraising
We will focus our energy on national convention and 50/50 Drawing.
Alex will purchase raffle tickets. They must have braille on them and large print.
He will Check out prices for ink stamps.

Dallas
Attending: Rob Tommy, Alex will know soon
Rob discusses transportation options in Dallas. Paratransit is $3 each way. Other paratransit

service to take you to a bus stop for $1. NYABS will be meeting at the convention.

Issues and concerns
Katie asked if anyone has had experience with Delta Gama in helping with fundraisers.
Rob  asked that we send Ashley Gallagher a card for her graduation.
We will hold next month's meeting on June 9.
Alex led a discussion on being active in groups on campus. Each person talked about their

experiences and level of interaction.

Meeting adjourned at 10:50

septembergirl95 at gmail.com

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.