[Nyabs] Fwd: Accessible New York is looking for new team members.

Alexander Castillo alexandera.castillo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 14:05:50 UTC 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alexander Castillo <alexandera.castillo at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:09:38 -0400
Subject: Fwd: Accessible New York is looking for new team members.
To: dofficer at jjay.cuny.edu, lbuist at citytech.cuny.edu

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alexander Castillo <alexandera.castillo at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:04:13 -0400
To: dofficer at jjay.cuny.edu, lbuist at citytech.cuny.edu

hello, Accessible New York is a growing CUNY student driven project
which reviews and rates New York City businesses in terms of
accessibility awareness, with the aim to connect hospitality and
retail related establishments with their customers with disabilities.

Accessible NY has created and launched a website, similar
to Yelp and Menupages, that provides the disability community with
valuable information about the accessibility of venues throughout NYC.

After a productive and successful year, we are ready to expand and are
looking for new members to join our awesome team. It would be terrific
if this email could be passed around to interested and motivated
students in your campus.

All of our team members will receive training and a $230 stipend after
completion of the following:

·   must attend 4 meetings between October 27th and December 15th.
·   must rate the accessibility of at least 10 venues in New York City
before December 15th.
·   must participate weekly in online discussions and research
involved in the project.

Please fill out the attached application.

Submission Deadline: October 27th, 2010. 5 p.m.
Make all submissions to accessiblenewyork at gmail.com

Thanks for reading,
Alexander Castillo