[Nyabs] Connference number not working?

Alexander Castillo alexandera.castillo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 02:58:32 UTC 2010

Hi all, I spoke to some of you and some  were able to enter the
conference, others were not. We will have to postpone our meeting for
the fourth Wednesday of the this month, or if enough of us cannot make
it, we will just have our discussions through this list. I will post
my notes on the meeting below.

Scroll down past our agenda...

Look it over and make suggestions as what you would like to see or not
see on this list....

Thanks and I apologize again for the inconvenience.

Hi all, our next phone conference will take place this Wednesday at 9:45 pm.

(712) 432-1438

and the access code is

1041787

Our agenda for the evening will be as follows.

9:45- introductions and updates
9:55- committee overview
10:05 our first event
10:15- issues and concerns

This year, we plan to have a mini-student seminar. We will have about
2 or so hours in which to discuss the

following. Any additional topics should be suggested, and we will
agree on which issues we would like to see

discussed.

Topics
Science and math class, adaptive solutions for those classes which
require more than just traditional studying and

written assignments. This is a time to share our tips, tricks and
techniques for succeeding in the classroom.

transitioning from high school to college- college to grad school-
ideas and advice for transitioning students

internships- volunteerships- jobs while attending school-  Sharing
tips to get the most out of your college

experience outside the campus

Campus life- being involved- community- activism- politics- commuter
school with little active campus life, or large

state university with a highly active campus life: ideas on making
your college experience something beyond studying

and homework

volunteering time- Share tips on how to  stay active and feeling
connected to a cause, community, or project.

Topics on NFB Philosophy:

preferential treatment

Special Accommodations at school? Necessary to sign up with disability services?