[Nyabs] Attention board members

Alexander Castillo alexandera.castillo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 14:32:03 UTC 2010

Hello board members, our state convention is coming up and we should
have a short conference call to plan for our student agenda within the
next 7 days or so. . Please let me know of your availability as soon
as possible. In the meantime, take a look at some of the items for our
possible agenda below and remove or add any suggestions. Also, we
mentioned wanting to do sell some raffle tickets, this is also
something to discuss as we need to organize this quickly and let Carl
know about it.

Thanks for reading,
Alex

Topics
Science and math class, adaptive solutions for those classes which
require more than just traditional studying and

written assignments. This is a time to share our tips, tricks and
techniques for succeeding in the classroom.

transitioning from high school to college- college to grad school-
ideas and advice for transitioning students

internships- volunteerships- jobs while attending school-  Sharing
tips to get the most out of your college

experience outside the campus

Campus life- being involved- community- activism- politics- commuter
school with little active campus life, or large

state university with a highly active campus life: ideas on making
your college experience something beyond studying

and homework

volunteering time- Share tips on how to  stay active and feeling
connected to a cause, community, or project.

GRE and other entrance exam preparation- Share your tips on preparing
for these exams.

Graduate and Post Graduate education- Share your tips on workload
management, finances, and other....Topics

topics on NFB Philosophy:

preferential treatment

Special Accommodations at school? Necessary to sign up with disability services?