[Nyabs] Minutes for August 8th Conference Call

Walei Sabry walei.sabry at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 23:45:59 UTC 2012

Hey guys,
Below are the minutes from tonight's call.
Walei

8 12 Minutes:
Board members present: Kate, Amanda, Walei
General members present: Kristina, Valleria

Adoption of July minutes:
Motion to approve May minutes was made by Kate and Amanda
Motion passes.
Board member reports:
President Kate: Is delighted to be back and was impressed at the initiative of the group in handling the student seminar.
Vice President Nihal: Not present.
Secretary/treasurer Walei: Updated our budget to reflect money raised at convention as well as recently paid dues. We now have $571.72.
Executive member Chancey: Not present.
Executive member Amanda: Created a flyer for the Student Seminar.
Old business:
Student Seminar: Official date is October 6th
Tasks:
Contact CBVH to email students: Kate and Chancey.
Assign duties for the event: Presenters and helping hands.
Find outside presenters: Kate will contact someone from the New Jersey Parents group.
Make food arrangements: Nihal.
Budget: Come up with a budget and inform Carl of how much money we need.
All presenters Submit outlines by 15th of September.
Promote in chapter meeting.
Send out emails to promote the seminar within our personal networks.
Send Chancey Save the date to post on our website.
Hunter Text books:
Amanda will contact Alex to ask for advice.
New business:
Announcements:
Shop for a cause: Find out more at this Wednesday’s chapter meeting.
Good Will Tabling: Find out More info at this Wednesday’s Chapter meeting.
Dislabeled Film Screening on September 5th: Accessible Film screening of the Movie Lives Worth Living. Walei will email more info to the list serve soon.
Motion to adjourn:
Motion was made by Kate and Valleria
Motion passes.
Next meeting is September 9th at 6 PM.