[Nyabs] Fwd: NYABS president Resignation

Alexander Castillo alexandera.castillo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 13:03:34 UTC 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: NFBNY office <office at nfbny.org>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 22:30:50 -0500
Subject: Re: NYABS president Resignation
To: Alexander Castillo <alexandera.castillo at gmail.com>, New York
Association of Blind Students Discussion List <nyabs at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Wilber <rub34nil8 at yahoo.com>, Romeo <romeoedmead at gmail.com>, Ray
<rwayne1 at nyc.rr.com>, Mindy Jacobsen <mindyjoy at nyc.rr.com>, Mike
Robinson <buffnfb at gmail.com>, Maria <mtg129 at verizon.net>, Julie
<jbrew48 at verizon.net>, Elaine <elainemrink at hotmail.com>,
edwinwhite at optonline.net, Edward Blodgett <edblodge at yahoo.com>, "David
R. Stayer" <davidandloristayer at verizon.net>, Chancey
<chancey.fleet at gmail.com>, Angie <arobin3911 at juno.com>, Alexander
Castillo <alexandera.castillo at gmail.com>, Lucy Cox
<septembergirl95 at gmail.com>, margo <margo.downey at verizon.net>

Alex,
It has been a pleasure to have had you in the leadership of the Affiliate.
A Student Division is no easy task to lead and you have done a superb job as
its President.
Allow me to extend the best wishes of the Affiliate leadership to you as you
pursue the next chapter in your life.  While it is well known that some of
your plans include a move almost 1,500 miles away, just remember that "you
can take the boy out of New York but you can't take New York out of the boy.
As someone who spent part of my under-graduate time in the Mid-West, trust
me on that one.  LOL
Again, the best to you and I stand prepared to assist the new leadership of
the Student Division in any way they wish and I am able.
Carl Jacobsen