[Nyabs] Student Conference call tonight

Alexander Castillo alexandera.castillo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 04:13:43 UTC 2012

Hi all, below are the notes for tonight's meeting.

Alex

1.	NYABS notes for January 11/2012

9:45- Introductions
•	Lucy Cox
•	Wallai Sabri
•	Kate Carroll
•	Alex Castillo

•	9:50 Washington seminar.
Kate, Wallai, Alex and Chancie will be in attendance at Washington Seminar
•	Arrangements will be made to see if group travel is possible on Sunday Feb 5th
•	Wallai and Alex will email office with name of senator

10: Test taking and accessibility: Accommodations and flexibility.
•	Article discussed: GAO calls on the Department of Justice to protect
students’ rights
•	Accommodations were discussed in exams like the GRE and LSAT.
•	Classroom accommodations were discussed, pros and cons of taking
exams without disability office.
•	Pros: ease of test taking without tedious paperwork, in many cases
one can prepare one’s own accommodations easier and faster than
disability office
•	Cons” no paper-trail as proof of previous accommodations, students’
rights of test taking accommodations are waved

Note: Carl Jacobsen called in to discuss aspects of the student
seminar to take place in early May of 2012. Location has been
provided, lunch will be available and the agenda will be discussed as
soon as possible.

10:40 meeting adjourned