[Nyabs] FW: sub-minimum wages for disabled workers

Nihal Erkan nihal_erkan at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 19 17:26:00 UTC 2012

Please Join us if you have sometime tomorrow.

From: cjake at nyc.rr.com
To: mindyjoy at nyc.rr.com; webgriebel at hotmail.com; vyacu at panynj.gov; vadhimoolam at gmail.com; turiya74 at hotmail.com; therechin at verizon.net; sylvie69 at optonline.net; shanica123 at gmail.com; cashmanharris at yahoo.com; roddj12 at hotmail.com; robert.greenberg at hunter.cuny.edu; rwayne1 at nyc.rr.com; chito109 at aol.com; rfurman at alznyc.org; rachellejb at gmail.com; plogan at aceweb.com; nodratn at gmail.com; nihal_erkan at hotmail.com; mattman1270 at verizon.net; ldunkley at hunter.cuny.edu; larjo411 at aol.com; lavar.phillips at gmail.com; JJahopper at aol.com; blindguy500 at hotmail.com; jcarrico at nyc.rr.com; jbonerbocpa at optonline.net; glen_anthony_rivara at yahoo.com; cordone at ymail.com; geoffste at gmail.com; er310 at optonline.net; esquared100 at yahoo.com; edwinwhite at optonline.net; donnaleeenglish at pmpmail.com; dholston at nyc.rr.com; eckhardia at yahoo.com; chancey.fleet at gmail.com; cem47 at cornell.edu; JAYNewY4 at aol.com; info at brookefox.com; ajacobs633 at aol.com; lxcastillo1 at yahoo.com; chocolatesimulator at hotmail.com; Astoja at att.net; asch at yu.edu; NYSEMAIL.1RC at nysemail.state.ny.us
CC: davidrstayer6 at gmail.com
Subject: sub-minimum wages for disabled workers
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 13:43:41 -0400

Greetings all,
As you all know, we have launched a campaign to eliminate the right of employers to pay disabled workers less than the Federal minimum wage.  We have gained much support in the disabled community and our efforts are gaining attention in the media and in the "not for profit establishment".
Recently, we made public data which shows that Goodwill Industries pays below the Federal minimum wage.  This is by their own addmission.  Consequently, we have called for a boycott of Goodwill Industries.
On Thursday, June 20, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Governor David Paterson will hold a press conference on the steps of City Hall where he will lend his support for the abolition of sub-minimum wages for disabled workers and also support our efforts surrounding Goodwill Industries.
We need to show support for him and for our position.
I'm asking that as many of you as possible come to the steps of City Hall on Wednesday June 20 at 11:00 AM and as a body we can demonstrate the support for fair wages.
I am told that the exact location is at 260 Broadway (just North of Warren Street and about a half block south of Chambers Street on the East side of Broadway).  We should try to be there between 10:30 and 10:45.  The City Hall station on the R train is perhaps the closest.
If you need any other information, please call the office at: 718-567-7821.  Also, please spread the word by either forwarding this or telling everyone you know.
Thanks in advance and let's have a great rally, Carl