[Nyabs] {Disarmed} Invitation to NYC Monthly Disability Film Series on March 7th, April 4th, and May 9th! [2 Attachments]

Kathryn Carroll carroll.kathryn.e at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 22:51:28 UTC 2012

Hi NYABS,

A film screening through disLabeled is going down at the CUNY Graduate
Center (NYC) this coming Wednesday evening. Of note is the fact that
Dislabeled plans to offer audio description for the screening which IS
AWESOME!
Also, some members of NYABS have had a hand in making DISLABELED happen!

See below for details.

Kate
**

Dear Movie Lovers,

Ready to get a monthly dose of disability film and discussion back in your
life???

DISLABELED <http://dislabeledfilm.wordpress.com/> is NYC’s monthly
screening series dedicated to celebrating disability culture. We showcase
films that portray people with disabilities living full lives and then
follow it up with lively, meaningful conversations.

Join us for our first night as we kick things off with the award-winning
Spanish film YO, TAMBIéN!.

*Wednesday March 7th 6:00pm – 9:00pm.*

*CUNY Graduate Center 365 Fifth Avenue, Manhattan (between 34th and 35th
Sts) Photo ID required for entry.*

*$5 Suggested Donation.*

Please RSVP to dislabeledfilm at gmail.com

This Spring we are screening films on April 4th and May 9th, same place and
same time. More flyers are coming your way!

DISLABELED is proud to feature Open Captioning, Audio Description, ASL
Interpretation and Barrier-Free Access at all screenings and events,
guaranteed.

Please support our scent-free environment by abstaining from perfume and
cologne.

***In order to keep American Sign Language
interpretation<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_interpretation#Sign_language>
 and Audio Description <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_description> at
every screening, we need to raise $600 for April and May.*

*PLEASE visit IndieGOGO<http://www.indiegogo.com/DISLABELED-Film-Series-ASL-Interpretation>
and
donate what you can! (We are also accepting donations at the screening.)***

Email dislabeledfilm at gmail.com, website http://dislabeledfilm.wordpress.com.
Follow us on Twitter @dislabeledfilm and on Facebook at DISLABELED Film
Series.

--
English is not my native language, and I affiliate with higher educational
institution.

 __._,_.___

Attachment(s) from Akemi Nishida

2 of 2 File(s)
  DFSflyer_yo_tambien
(3).pdf<http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/6286251/776222336/name/DFSflyer_yo_tambien%20%283%29%2Epdf>
  DFSflyer_yo_tambien_txt
(1).pdf<http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/6286251/1077739810/name/DFSflyer_yo_tambien_txt%20%281%29%2Epdf>
   Reply to sender<anishida922 at gmail.com?subject=Re%3A%20%2AASL%2FAudio%20Description%20provided%2A%20Invitation%20to%20NYC%20Monthly%20Disability%20Film%20Series%20on%20March%207th%2C%20April%204th%2C%20and%20May%209th%21>|
to group<DNNYC at yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20%2AASL%2FAudio%20Description%20provided%2A%20Invitation%20to%20NYC%20Monthly%20Disability%20Film%20Series%20on%20March%207th%2C%20April%204th%2C%20and%20May%209th%21>|
Start
a New Topic<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DNNYC/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJldGJkNDltBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzYyODYyNTEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY0MzA5BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTMzMDAwNDQwOQ-->
Messages in this
topic<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DNNYC/message/14734;_ylc=X3oDMTM2NWNyMTNsBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzYyODYyNTEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY0MzA5BG1zZ0lkAzE0NzM2BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTMzMDAwNDQwOQR0cGNJZAMxNDczNA-->(
2)
 Recent Activity:

 For up-to-the-minute updates, become a fan on Facebook at:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Disabilities-Network-of-NYC/261969564334
 [image: Yahoo!
Switch to: Text-Only<DNNYC-traditional at yahoogroups.com?subject=Change+Delivery+Format:+Traditional>,
Daily Digest <DNNYC-digest at yahoogroups.com?subject=Email+Delivery:+Digest>•
of Use <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
   .

--
Kathryn Carroll
St. John's University School of Law 2013