[Nyabs] soft skills training at VISIONS

Kathryn Carroll carroll.kathryn.e at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 14:17:55 UTC 2012

See below: __________________ I am writing to let you all know that the VISIONS workforce department will be running a soft skills/work readiness training for any and all adult consumers who are interested in employment. The dates of training are Wednesday, December 5th through Thursday, December 13th. Some of the topics covered will be: . How to aquire and use different tools used in finding employment opportunities, . Volunteering: A way to develop skills while demonstrating your abilities to a potential employer. . Networking: How to make valuable connections which could lead to a job. . Interviewing: "What are the dos and don'ts", and disclosing your disability in a positive, productive manner. . The benefits system: An overview of how returning to work will impact one's SSI, SSDI, housing, and other entitlements. If you have any questions, need additional information, or would like to make a referral. You may reply to this email, or contact Melissa Phipps at (646) 486-4444 Ext 12, or mphipps at visionsvcb.org. Sent from my IQTELL Virtual Workspace