[Nyabs] textbook accessibility

Kathryn Carroll carroll.kathryn.e at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 01:24:44 UTC 2012

Dear NYABS,

I was able to find the link to NY's law on accessible textbooks some time
ago. I think this will interest everyone given our recent, passionate talks
about textbook issues.
http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/LAWSSEAF.cgi?QUERYTYPE=LAWS+&QUERYDATA=$$EDN715$$@TXEDN0715+&LIST=LAW+&BROWSER=EXPLORER+&TOKEN=16202154+&TARGET=VIEW
If you want to discuss this statute on a future date in a meeting, we can
do that. I think it is important to note that individual states are free to
make their own laws regarding education. New Jersey may have a completely
different law on this, or no law at all.
Kate

--
Kathryn Carroll
J.D. Candidate