[Nyabs] employment resources

Kathryn Carroll nyabs.board at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 20:09:46 UTC 2013

Hi everyone, i am sharing some employment resources that someone over at NTAC sent me: 1. We have a participant research registry I hope you will consider joining so we can let you know about projects that apply to your situation (most of our research is on employment for people who are blind or visually impaired). It takes just a few minutes to complete: http://tiny.cc/participant-registry.   2. We just launched a new website with employment resources called NTAC, check it out: http://ntac.blind.msstate.edu 3. We have an online program that you can complete that addresses issues like disclosure, interviewing, etc, I think you might find this particularly helpful: http://www.blind.msstate.edu/advantage/   4. Here is our main website: http://www.blind.msstate.edu/ You might be interested in signing up for our quarterly newsletter: http://www.blind.msstate.edu/newsletter/newsletter_winter_2012.php   5. You also might consider looking at AFB's Career Connect mentoring program. It is a little different than ours because they do not focus on pairing people face to face, but their eligibility requirements to participate are much more lenient than ours that are required by our grant: here's their main site, http://www.afb.org/section.aspx?FolderID=2&SectionID=7, and here's the site for finding a mentor: http://www.afb.org/section.aspx?FolderID=2&SectionID=7&TopicID=468 Kathryn Carroll President, New York Association of Blind Students