[Nyabs] Baruch event

Kathryn Carroll nyabs.board at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 18:32:42 UTC 2013

SAVE THE DATE Thursday, March 7, 2013   The Computer Center for Visually Impaired People (CCVIP) at Baruch College Invites You to an Interactive Presentation Entitled   On the Periphery   Times: 1:00-3:00pm or 6:00-8:00pm   Where:  Baruch College 151 East 25th Street, New York City              Between Lexington and 3rd Avenues              Room 763   What:  During this presentation, we will look at some of the technology that makes our assistive technology even more enjoyable to use. Ever think of connecting a blue tooth or wireless keyboard to your computer or mobile device? This not only lets you get away from those cumbersome cables, it allows you to control your device from the comfort of your favorite chair or even from another room. Join us as we look at the  products that work with our assistive technology and make them even better. On hand, we will have: Bluetooth keyboards, speakers, docking stations and even a couple of surprises.   Admission:  Free   Reservations Required: Call 646-312-1420   For those of you who wish to join us from the comfort of your own computer, you can view a live stream of the presentation by going to the following link at1pm: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ccvipdemo   If you are unable to join us in person or via the web, the presentation  will be recorded and posted on our site for viewing at your convenience. Please visit us at:www.baruch.edu/ccvip.   Also mark your calendars for Wednesday, May 22, 2013(changed from May 8th) when we will be offering our next Demo Center Presentation. Kathryn Carroll President, New York Association of Blind Students