[Nyabs] December 9th 2012 conference call minutes

Walei Sabry walei.sabry at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 00:41:55 UTC 2013

Hey all,
Here are the minutes from last months conference call. Also, we have a conference call scheduled for this Sunday at 6 PM. The minutes are pasted below.
Walei

December 9th, 2012 Minutes:
Board members present: Kate, Amanda, and Walei
General members present: Valeria and Tommy

Adoption of previous minutes:
No minutes to approve.
Board member reports:
President Kate: Convention was great. Made connections with new scholarship winners. Would like to get them involved with NYABS.
Secretary/treasurer Walei: Bazaar. It was successful. We made $212. $75 is going to Carl because he won the raffle. That leaves us with $147 from the raffle, Braille cards and jewelry sold at the bazaar.
Executive member Amanda: Convention had a great turnout. Also wants to get scholarship winners involved with NYABS.
New business:
Student Seminar Vote: It was proposed during convention that there should be another student seminar. The idea is to do something experiential such as camping. We would be working with the parents division.
It was voted and approved that in 2013 we will start planning the outdoor experiential student seminar with the Parents division.
Kate will get in touch with the parents division.
Advocacy Conference Vote: Its August 14th to the 16th. It was discussed that we could have our seminar then.
Kate motioned to vote on whether we participate in the advocacy conference in our January conference call.
Elections:
Need to appoint an impartial member of the chapter to collect and count votes.
There are five positions: President, Vice President, Treasurer/Secretary, and two executive board member positions.
Fundraiser at Staten Island:
Tommy is organizing a fundraiser for NYABS and Parents of Blind Children.
It will be held in Staten Island at a place called Play Sports Bar. The date is January 19th at 8 PM. There will be a cover charge of $35 which includes dinner and open bar.
Motion to adjourn:
Motion was made by Kate
Motion passes.
Next meeting is January 13th at 6 PM