[Nyabs] VISIONS softskills training

Kathryn Carroll carroll.kathryn.e at gmail.com
Thu May 23 14:25:47 UTC 2013

VISIONS        will be once again,
offering our residential work readiness program at VCB, our residential
facility in Rockland County.
The dates are Monday, July 15th through Friday, July 19th.

Last year's session was a tremendous success, and we hope to build upon
that experience in our second year of conducting this program.

I've copied the flyer in the body of this email, and have also attached it
as a word document.

Please contact me should you have any additional questions.

ANNOUNCING VISIONS 2013
RESIDENTIAL WORK READINESS TRAINING PROGRAM

.       When: Monday July 15, 2013 to Friday July 19, 2013
.       Where: VISIONS Center on Blindness (VCB), Spring Valley, NY
VISIONS Work Readiness Training Program (Soft Skills) is a professional
development seminar designed to strengthen participants understanding of
the many complex nuances of the job search including:
.       Career exploration:  Resources to make intelligent career choices
and remain aware of the ever changing nature of the job market.
.       Job seeking:  Acquiring tools used to find employment opportunities,
and the best ways to wield them.
.       Volunteering:  A way to develop skills while demonstrating your
abilities to a potential employer.
.       Networking: How to make valuable connections which could lead to a
job.
.       Interviewing: "What are the dos and don'ts", and disclosing your
disability in a positive, productive manner.
.       What interviewers are looking for:  Learn first-hand from a panel of
employers.
.       The benefits system: An overview of how returning to work will
impact your SSI, SSDI, housing, and other entitlements.
This five day session will be held at VISIONS Center on Blindness, a
residential rehabilitation facility in Rockland County.
The setting is ideal for job seekers who do not live in a location that is
in close proximity to existing programs that offer Work Readiness Training.
Other individuals who are interested in participating and may do better in
a residential setting,  are also welcome to attend.
Attendees will have the opportunity to gain valuable skills by day, and at
night they can take advantage of VCB's various amenities such as a heated
swimming pool, self guided nature trail, library, recreation lounges, an
adapted computer center and wireless internet connection throughout the
facility.
Roundtrip transportation will be provided from Visions at Selis     Manor at
135 West 23rd Street, New York, NY, to VISIONS VCB       and back.

If you think that you have consumers that would benefit from this training,
or have any questions about the program, or would like to make a referral,
please contact Michael Cush at
(212) 625-1616 ext. 139 or mcush at visionsvcb.org Michael J. Cush Director of
Workforce Development / Adults VISIONS/Services
500 Greenwich Street, 3rd Floor
New York, NY, 10013
Phone: (212) 625-1616 Ext. 139
Mobile: (917) 572-1180
Email: mcush at visionsvcb.org
Web sites:
http://www.blindline.org
http://www.visionsvcb.org

--

*Kathryn Carroll*

Intern, One Billion Strong <http://www.one-billion-strong.org/site/1/Home>

J.D. Candidate, St. John's University School of Law Class of 2013

Google Voice: (347) 455-1521

Fax: (347) 620-6086

Social Media: My LinkedIn Profile<http://www.linkedin.com/in/kathryncarroll>,
My Site <http://carrollkathryne.wix.com/kathryncarroll>, or