[Nyabs] Paid Research experience for undergraduates this summer at RIT

Stephanie Ludi steph.ludi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 20:23:00 UTC 2015

Hi,

Please share with undergraduate students who are studying computing.

The blurb is below.

Thanks,
--Steph

Hi,

We got our REU Site grant approval a little late so I apologize for
the late email, but your help is appreciated in our hastened
recruitment cycle for this summer..

Please share the following with your students.

Thank you,
--Steph

Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) Program
Rochester Institute of Technology
Summer 2015

Research Experience with Accessible Multimodal Interfaces for All
Consumers is a ten-week summer research experience for undergrads in
accessible computing.  You will get to work with a diverse set of
peers and experienced mentors in an inclusive setting.

Examples of exciting projects:

* Online video enhanced captions with tactile feedback for deaf consumers
* View management or guided magnification for low vision consumers
* Smartphone tactile keyboards and applications for blind consumers
* Speech-to-text conversation applications for hard of hearing consumers

Application: http://avd.rit.edu/apply

Deadline: April 10, 2015

Who should apply:

* Undergraduates majoring in Computer Science, Software Engineering,
Information Technology, Information Sciences or related fields
* Underrepresented people with disabilities, minorities and women
strongly encouraged to apply
* US citizenship or permanent residency is required

Benefits include:

* Competitive Stipend
* Travel Support
* On-campus housing
* Meal Stipend
* Hands-on Research
* Faculty/Peer mentoring
* Professional Development
* Interaction with a diverse set of peers and mentors who are:
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Blind and Low Vision
* Learn and practice American Sign Language (ASL) on campus

If you have any questions, feel free to contact: reuami at rit.edu