[NYABS] Fwd: Linux with or without Vision: get to know Vinux this Saturday!

Nihal Erkan nihal_erkan at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 2 16:42:51 UTC 2016

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Chancey Fleet <chanceyfleet at nypl.org<mailto:chanceyfleet at nypl.org>>
Date: December 1, 2016 at 3:11:07 PM EST
To: New York Association of Blind Students Discussion List <nyabs at nfbnet.org<mailto:nyabs at nfbnet.org>>, new-york-news at nfbnet.org<mailto:new-york-news at nfbnet.org>,  heiskelltech at googlegroups.com<mailto:heiskelltech at googlegroups.com>
Subject: Linux with or without Vision: get to know Vinux this Saturday!

Get to Know Vinux
Saturday December 3, 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Register to attend online or in person by emailing ChanceyFleet at nypl.org<mailto:ChanceyFleet at nypl.org> or leaving a message at (212) 621-0627.
Have you heard of Linux, but never had the chance to check it out for yourself? Come join us as we take a look at Vinux, a Linux distribution that includes the Orca screen reader and is designed with accessibility in mind. We'll go over the advantages of working with Vinux, how to install it and use its basic commands.

--
Chancey S. Fleet
Assistive Technology Coordinator

We're pleased to present this workshop with Sammy Gomez, our thoughtful and talented summer Work Experience Trainee. Along with his patience, friendliness and excellent problem-solving skills, Sammy brought some serious IT skills to the library, including a working knowledge of Linux. If you've ever considered getting to know Linux (Raspberry Pi fans, anyone?), this workshop will give you the background and tools you need to get started.