[NYABS] Fwd: [Nfbnet-students-list] Join us in our nation's capital: Apply for the 2018 Wash Sem funding program

Nihal Erkan nihal_erkan at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 11 21:04:50 UTC 2017

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: NABS President | Kathryn Webster via Nfbnet-students-list <nfbnet-students-list at nfbnet.org<mailto:nfbnet-students-list at nfbnet.org>>
Date: November 11, 2017 at 12:28:08 PM EST
To: nfbnet-students-list at nfbnet.org<mailto:nfbnet-students-list at nfbnet.org>
Subject: [Nfbnet-students-list] Join us in our nation's capital: Apply for the 2018 Wash Sem funding program

Fellow students:

This year is a momentous time for us as we fight for our rights as blind students in higher education. As all of you should know, the 2018 Washington Seminar is around the corner. This year, more than ever, we need students on the front line of history as we advocate for our rights. The National Association of blind Students understands that finances are tight for students; and that’s where we come into play.

With the gracious help of President Riccobono and our national treasury, NABS has created a matching effort in order to create a funding program to support students in attending. This is our third annual program, where we aim to get as many students who are interested in advocacy and national legislation to Washington DC to fight for AIM HIGH, as well as our other national priorities.

I stress this every year, but please do realize that this assistance is for those students who need the financial help. We expect students to put skin in the game, as well as leaning on other resources, such as local chapters and affiliates. With that in mind, we are here to help and eager to work with you to improve the quality of education for blind students across the nation.

Applications are live; and the deadline is Sunday, November 26, 2017 at 11:59pm eastern. Late submissions will not be accepted. An appointed committee will review the submissions and distribute decisions by mid-December. Please be thorough in your responses.

Here’s the application:
https://goo.gl/forms/orW6c7cPS3zyXSeg2

Love,
Kathryn C. Webster
President | National association of Blind Students
              A proud division of the National Federation of the Blind
(203) 273-8463
Nabs.president at gmail.com<mailto:Nabs.president at gmail.com>