[NYABS] Continued

NYABS Division nyabsdivision at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 21:09:14 UTC 2020

Hi All,

This message is to follow up on an email I sent last week related to
gaining co-sponsors for the Access Technology Affordability Act (ATAA)
(S.815/H.R. 2086).  The Congress has returned to D.C. to continue
their work and it is our goal to have the ATAA included in the next
COVID package.  The National Association of Blind Students is
coordinating the effort to empower student voices for this particular
initiative which is why we need New York Students or recent students
who are now in the workforce to help by sending an email to your House
Representative & our Senators.  The following email is the request
provided to the New York Student Division by Amy Albin who is working
with our state student division from the National Association of Blind
Students.  She also includes a templet to use for when emailing the
staff contacts.  To better help you to contact the appropriate staff
member the following list includes all the tax staffers for the
Representatives from New York, please only contact the office that
represents you because it's important they hear from constituents.
Please also note the only Reps on the bill so far are Thomas Suozzi,
Joseph Morelle, & Jose Serrano:

Rep. Zeldin's tax staffer: conor.carney at mail.house.gov
  Rep. King's tax staffer: tim.ursprung at mail.house.gov
  Rep. Suozzi's tax staffer: conor.walsh at mail.house.gov
  Rep. Rice's tax staffer: kate.chiucchini at mail.house.gov
  Rep. Meek's tax staffer: aaron.jordan at mail.house.gov
  Rep. Meng's tax staffer: mark.olson at mail.house.gov
  Rep. Velazquez's tax staffer: richard.erkel at mail.house.gov
  Rep. Jeffries's tax staffer: zachary.lobel at mail.house.gov
  Rep. Clark's tax staffer: david.dorfman at mail.house.gov
  Rep. Nadler's tax staffer: melissa.connolly at mail.house.gov
  Rep. Rose's tax staffer: hector.colon at mail.house.gov
  Rep. Maloney's tax staffer: charles.williams at mail.house.gov
  Rep. Delgado's tax staffer: jessie.andrews at mail.house.gov
  Rep. Tonko's tax staffer: jeff.morgan at mail.house.gov
  Rep. Stefanik's tax staffer: marek.laco at mail.house.gov
  Rep. Brindisi's tax staffer: jonathan.lipe at mail.house.gov
  Rep. Reed's tax staffer: logan.hoover at mail.house.gov
  Rep. Katko's tax staffer: tristan.southard at mail.house.gov
 Rep Morelle's staffer is abbie.sorrendino at mail.house.gov
  Rep. Higgins' tax staffer: lyndsey.barnes at mail.house.gov

Our Senator's contact information is the following:

Senator Schumer:
Anna_Taylor at schumer.senate.gov and Marisa_Hawley at schumer.senate.gov
Senator Jillibrand:
keith_castaldo at gillibrand.senate.gov

Please copy into the message nyabsdivision at gmail.com so we can act as
any support.  It is important to let these offices know how important
affordable access technology is for us to be competitive in school or
our selected career paths.  If you have any questions/concerns please
never hesitate to contact me!

Justin Young
President, NYABS
585-730-2925