[NYABS] Fwd: Could you please send this to New York?

NYABS Division nyabsdivision at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 18:55:54 UTC 2020

Hi All,

Forwarding the below email from Amy Albin regarding the legislative
initiative from the National Association of Blind Students to gain
co-sponsors for the Access Technology Affordability Act (ATAA)
(S.815/H.R.2086).  This is an ongoing initiative for us to work to
ensure this legislation may be included in the next Coronavirus
package considered by Congress.  It is my understanding work on this
package is still ongoing, but if we can get the House bill at least to
100 or more it will help it definitely through the committee process
making it one step closer to passage!

Currently there are 94 confirmed co-sponsors in the House of
Representatives and 23 in the Senate.

Keep up the great work & hoping we can get more co-sponsors from New York!

Justin