[NYABS] National Convention Goes Virtual This Year & the Deadline to Register is Coming Up

NYABS Division nyabsdivision at gmail.com
Sun May 31 23:19:14 UTC 2020

Hi All,

Hope alls well & you're enjoying the weekend!  I wanted to send a
message about National Convention! In case you haven't heard, the
National NFB Board of Directors has decided the best way to still have
Convention would be virtual.  All information related to National
Convention may be found via the following:

https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention

Since convention is very low cost if not free this year, we hope that
the registration numbers are the highest they ever have been. The
deadline to register according to the above link is June 15, 2020
using the online form if you haven't already registered!  They haven't
yet announced what kind of platform will be used, but the National
Convention program will be from July 14-18, 2020 which is shorter than
usual to accommodate for the online portion. Also, some portions may
be in the evening with the current understanding it won't go past 10pm
eastern.  The reason for the modified schedule is to ensure all
affiliates may participate in all proceedings of the Convention.  So I
wanted to send this message ensuring you all are aware of what is
occurring for National Convention.

Also, the New York State Affiliate Board of Directors which I serve as
the Student Division representative will be considering whether or not
we should go virtual for our State Convention using the National
Convention first to see how they handle it.  No decision has yet been
made regarding State Convention being virtual or in person, but I will
ensure any information provided at the affiliate level will be shared
with this Division's members!

Thank you & hope you're keeping well!

Justin Young
President, NYABS