[NYABS] State Convention Student Division Meeting

NYABS Division nyabsdivision at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 19:58:34 UTC 2020

Hi All,

Hope you are all doing well & the start to your semesters are treating
you okay! This message is regarding this year's State Convention which
will be virtual this year.  Because the State Convention is virtual
this year, the layout will be a little different. The divisions and
groups who are having meetings will have these the evenings of Monday
October 19 through Thursday October 22 and the traditional State
Convention format of a New York State Commission for the Blind town
hall, State Affiliate Board meeting (open to all), multiple General
Sessions, Business meeting, & Banquet to name a few items will occur
the weekend of Friday October 23-Sunday October 25.

The Student Division meeting will occur on Tuesday October 20 from
7:00-9:30pm on Zoom & we plan to have great speakers for this year
along with Division Elections.  This year all positions of the Board
for the division will be up for election.  If you are interested in
running for one of the positions, please send your nomination to
nyabsdivision at gmail.com by at least October 2nd if interested. People
may be nominated from the floor, but it would help in the planning
process to receive nominations ahead of time.  The Board positions are
the following:
President
Vice President
Secretary/Treasurer
And 2 Board members

This year there will be a $10 registration fee and you can register
for State Convention via the following link:
https://nfbny.org/conventions/details

We look forward to meeting with you on October 20 for our annual
Student Division seminar & business meeting and if you have any
questions about anything related to State Convention, please never
hesitate to contact me and I will do my best to answer the
question(s).

Thanks,

Justin Young
President, New York Association of Blind Students