[Nyagdu] More information about case of retiring growling dog

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 15 11:13:42 UTC 2008

No name, no school name yet, no dog name.

and no Not ME.

This is actually going on, and I think it really needs to be addressed. I
will put separate e-mail what is going on with Maxx as well.

But this is not Maxx.

>From the story that I am understanding, they case that is going on.  Is that
a dog growls, handler contact said school no returen calls, contact consumer
services about issue weeks later about calling school.  dog doesn't growl
all the time, but handler bring dog to school to be observed of course dog
doesn't growl.  Dog and handler out in public, this goes on for almost 2
years, school doesn't seem to concerned on the issue.  Handler happy with
dog but for growling, dogs growl, they bark, etc. they are dogs first.

Okay fine!  Time goes by out in public, someone that works for school in
volunteer bases works at an event with another dog and handler with dog that
has growling issues, dog growls at the other dog who is in crate mind you
and not out in public so that others see the dog in training.  Needless to
say later, that the other volunteer accesses handler that guide bite other
dog, making handler very depressed that her dog could do such a thing.

Handler contacts the school and lets them know what happens, weeks later the
school contacts the handler back and finds out that that person lied.

But by this time handler retires dog for growling and now biting.

This is not hypothetical but keep names off list.

don't wouldn't do that without permission

Cheryl Echevarria
Treasurer
National Federation of the Blind Greater Long Island Chapter.