[Nyagdu] Accessibility issues with Guide Dog Foundation in Smithtown

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 16 14:27:41 UTC 2012

Good morning all:
Being a fellow graduate of the school, I have become less and less excited about them, having them in my own backyard so to say isn't necessarily a plus, and in this case I am giving you all a heads up.
I realize not many of the schools are fans of NAGDU, but that shouldn't make no mind.
Well Jones, CEO, sent out this past week a survey about the idea of a new logo for the school, that is working with them.
Some were able to access some not, there system and the website is not up to par, and every time us graduates mention it, it seems to go in one ear and out the other.
So just thought I would give a heads up.
Again, this is just my own NY opinion here, that if they are a guide dog school offering services to the blind, that they should focus on the accessibility.
Cheryl

Leading the Way in Independent Travel!
SNG Certified - Accessible Travel Advocate!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations@echevarriatravel.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com
2012 Norwegian Cruise Line University Advisory Board Member.
Help fuel the "Dream Machine" of the Imagination Fund by visiting www.nfb.org/imaginationfund to make a donation using your credit card ortext the word "blind" to 85944 and you will automatically donate $10 worth of fuel via your cell phone bill.