[Nyagdu] {Disarmed} Limited recall of some varieties of Purina ONE dog food

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 31 12:50:38 UTC 2013

Grete Eide from the Guide Dog Foundation just sent this to me this morning. I don't use this dog food for Maxx, just forwarding it to everyone.
Cheryl

Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 12:10:42 +0000
From: grete at guidedog.org
Subject: Limited recall of some varieties of Purina ONE dog food
To: cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

 Limited recall of some varieties of Purina ONE dog food

Dear Cheryl,

I am writing to let you know that yesterday Nestle Purina
 PetCare issued a voluntary recall of some bags of Purina ONE Beyond dog food due
 to the possible risk of salmonella contamination.

The only bags affected are the 3.5 pound
 bags of Purina ONE Beyond with a "Best By" date of October 2014, a Production
 Code of 31071083, and a UPC code of 1780012679.

If you own a bag of food that is affected
 by the recall, please stop using the product and call Purina toll free at 800-473-8546
 for further instructions.  Here is a link to more information about this
 recall: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm366953.htm

This is not
 a variety of food that is used by the Guide Dog Foundation and America's VetDogs,
 so hopefully this does not affect any of our friends and supporters.  Howerver,
 if your program dog or puppy has eaten from an affected bag of food, please let
 me know by replying to this email or calling me at (631) 930-9067.  Of course,
 you can always contact me with any other questions you may have about this situation.

Warm regards,

Grete Eide

Chief Canine Care Officer

 If you would prefer not to receive emails from us, go here.

 Please send any comments about this email to chelsea at guidedog.org