[Nyagdu] [Travelandtourism] airline service dog fees

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 19 11:53:39 UTC 2013

No by law they cannot charge for any service animal, Via the Department of Justice an the ADA.
They are getting a little strict through with service animals, the dogs have to be recognized service animals with disabilities other than comfort animals, and also only animals recognized by the DOJ and ADA are dogs and guide horses.
Make sure when you are writing in reference to guide dog that you copy the NAGDU list as well.
Bibi, Travel & Tourism and NAGDU are working on these issues with the airlines as we speak, we are coming together to work on a resolution and other issues in the future. Please stayed tuned, if you are not a paid member of travel & tourism or anyone else on this list, we welcome you to join and to help out with these issues. To many things with the airlines have gone 2 steps forward and 5 steps back, these are serious issues.
Remember it is only $10 a year to join the division.
To join go to our www.nfbtravel.org website under the home page tab and it will tell you how to join.
For the meantime, until we find a new treasurer all payments by check will be going to Cheryl Echevarria, President, NFB Travel & Tourism, 10 Aljan Drive, Brentwood, NY 11717
Thank you.

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY StateLeading the Way in Independent Travel!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerwww.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations at echevarriatravel.com
 Take the stress out of this year’s holiday shopping with NFB’s Bid for Equality national online auction: Black Friday, Nov. 29, to Giving Tuesday, Dec. 3. View our must-have donations and register to make your Bid for Equality. The future is in your bid! Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama