[Nyagdu] New Co-host Margo Downey and All about Jamaica from the live show last night 9/4/2013

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 5 12:17:36 UTC 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SIuA-OP7VE
Good morning all if you missed the Echevarria Travel Show last night with my new co-host Margo Downey, NY State President of NAGDU, and also Secretary of the Travel and Tourism Division, you missed a wonderful show.
First of all, Margo, thank you for being my co-host you bring great information to the show, and Margo will be the person discussing things with me and our guests like accessibility and guide dogs, and other issues pertaining to the blind and I will be discussing the location and doing a the travel related talking, they both go hand in hand. We make a great team.
The show was all about Jamaica and especially if you are a guide dog user, since this is being posted to travel and tourism and NYAGDU, which I hope will be posted to the NAGDU talk list. We discussed the updates about bringing the dogs into Jamaica.
Our guest was John Nalewicki, Vice President of Retail Sales, Sunset Resorts of Jamaica, meaning they work with us the travel professionals, they are not like Sandals all over the TV and Radio, but just as wonderful.
John is originally from Newark, NJ and has lived in Negril, Jamaica for over 39 years. But I still see him from time to time at travel agent events, if not I deal directly with my Business Development Manager, Adam McGregor, who was born and raised in Jamaica, but lives here in NY.
Anyway, we discussed many things, and it was a great show.
Also, we did have one call in guest, we do hope that you all will call in, in the future at 1-888-572-0141 and speak to us and ask questions.
The caller was my good friend and client Edwin White from the NFB of NY. He just came back from the Sunset Resorts and this was his first time in Jamaica, he went with his wife, daughter and grandson, had a wonderful time there, and would recommend it to anyone of us going there.
I have posted the link to the show. It will also be posted on the http://www.nfbtravel.org website along with the .mp3 and I am posting the August Show as well, since Margo was my guest.
Coming up on future shows
October 2 on our show will be Senator Kerryann Ifill President Barbados Council for the Disabled. She lives and works in Barbados and has been in the past to our National Conventions.
November 6 show is President of NAGDU, Mr. Marion Gwizdala and since it is Veterans Day as well, I am asking President of the National Association of Blind Veterans, Mr. Dwight Sayer, and might ask Father John to call in as well, or possibly Joe Ruffalo, stayed tuned for that.
December is still up in the air, but looking to at topics of what you want to learn about, our issues in the travel world as the NFB fights to make traveling more accessible not only for leisure travel but also for local every day travel.
We want to hear from you the listeners, if you are on local boards or committees in your state we want to hear from you and bring you on the show and discuss them.
If you know someone that might fit the description.
Let me or Margo know and we will reach out to them to be the show.
Cheryl Echevarria, PresidentNFB Travel and TourismNational Federation of the Blind631-236-5138info at nfbtravel.org

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY StateLeading the Way in Independent Travel!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations@echevarriatravel.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com

Affiliated as an independent contractor with Montrose TravelCST - #1018299-10 FLST T156780Your old car keys can be the keys to literacy for a blind child.  Donate your unwanted vehicle to us by clicking https://nfb.org/vehicledonations or call 855-659-9314.Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. http://www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama