[Nyagdu] NAGDU Appoints New Member to the Board of Directors

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Thu Sep 24 22:39:20 UTC 2015

Dear all,

                On August 31, 2015, Tina Thomas resigned her position on the
NAGDU board of directors for personal and professional reasons. We wish Tina
all the best in her endeavors and look forward to continuing to create
incredible synergy within and among the affiliate divisions of the National
Association of Guide dog Users. There is a great deal of work to be done on
behalf of guide dog users in California and we look forward to Tina's
leadership and advocacy in California and across the United States.

                The board of directors has unanimously approved and
appointed Aleeha Dudley to fulfill the term of office vacated by Tina's
resignation. Aleeha is an active volunteer for the NAGDU Information and
Advocacy Hotline. Aleeha is a 21-year-old student currently attending
training at the Louisiana Center for the Blind. She was born in a small town
in rural Ohio and was raised by a family who did not know the Federation
way. She has been blind since birth and, since joining the Federation in
2011, has been an active member in the Movement. She has served as vice
president of the Ohio Association of Guide Dog Users, as well as president
and vice president of the Ohio Association of Blind Students. She plans to
attend college in the spring of 2016, studying zoology with plans to become
a veterinarian. We look forward to Aleeha's energetic leadership on the
board of directors of the National Association of Guide dog Users.

            Jessica Snyder has agreed to serve on NAGDU's Social networking
Committee. These appointments took effect on Sunday, September 6, 2015.
Congratulations to Aleeha Dudley. We look forward to great things from you!

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala, President

National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc.

National Federation of the Blind

(813) 626-2789

(888) 624-3841 (Hotline)

President at nagdu.org

http://www.nagdu.org

High expectations create unlimited potential for the blind!