[Oabs] Ohio Lighthouse for the Blind

Joy Mistovich joy.misto at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 12:24:30 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone,
I know I haven't posted much to the OABS list often, but I am wondering if
any of you have heard of the Ohio Lighthouse for the Blind Training Center
in Ravena; it just opened in 2008, and I was thinking of possibly attending
to improve my cane travel and daily living skills. If any of you have heard
of it, can you tell me a little bit more information, such as did your
receive training there, and is it reputable, etc? Finally, is the NFB in
favor of Lighthouse for the Blind?  I want to gain more of this experience
before I begin my PhD program next fall in Medieval English and Spanish
Literature.
Thanks so much!
Joy