[Oabs] Finals-Good Luck

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 01:34:35 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Tis the season for Christmas (yay), and finals (boo).  If you're like
me and have finals starting tomorrow, then may the odds be ever in
your favor.  If you're finished, but are still playing the waiting
game with your grades, may the odds be ever in your favor, too.

Sorry for the Hunger Games references, I just finished a huge paper on
morality in dystopian fiction for my super hero class, so now I'm a
little inundated with super hero-isms.  This, I'm taking as a serious
sign that I'm ready for a break.  Hopefully you all are as well.

I hope I find you all on Friday's call.  It's very important, and will
cover our scholarship program.  Everyone except for Brennen and Lillie
(because they're still in high school but not seniors yet) and Emily
(because she's already a Tenbroke Fellow) is eligible to apply as long
as they are going into study at a post-secondary institution in the
fall of 2015.  This includes students who are continuing at the same
academic institution, or those who may be starting at a new college or
university.

Patti is a great person to get to know, and she's always very eager to
answer questions and clarify the process for students.  We're very
thankful to her for giving up a Friday night before Christmas to talk
to us, so let's have a good showing!