[Oabs] Meeting reminder

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 05:45:00 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I hope that tonight's meeting will be a welcomed event after
finals---I know it will be for me.  Our guest will be Patti
Gregory-Chang, president of the NFB of Illinois and chair of the
scholarship committee.  In all my experience applying for
scholarships, which is fairly extensive, you rarely have an
opportunity like this to directly speak to the chair of the committee,
ask questions, and learn about the program.  Plus, Patti is pretty
awesome in general, so if you're thinking of applying for the
scholarship either in the present or future, I'd highly recommend
making this call.

Shortly before 7:30, please join the call at:
 Conference line number: 857-232-0158
 Access code: 868852

After Patti is done speaking, please stay around.  Katherine Webster
from my scholarship class has asked me to pass on a request from a
NABS committee about the Teach Act.  I know we all have holiday
celebrations to get to, scholarship applications to fill out, and even
a little bit of work for some of us, but if we could all take 30
minutes to write letters for this project, it would really add to the
project.  More details will be shared tomorrow on the call, as well as
over the list afterwards.  In addition to the note that Aleeha will
put in the minutes while she's subbing for Macy, I'll copy the post
and send it out in its original form as well so all the details are
there.

Talk to you all soon,