[Oabs] Some more recognition

Elif Emir via Oabs oabs at nfbnet.org
Sat May 17 02:52:11 UTC 2014

Hi all,
First of all, Joy, congratulations. I hope you’ll be also accepted to
a wonderful doctoral program.
Secondly, I would like to explain my absence during the semester in
the monthly meetings.
I’m so sorry, I could join for only once.
I’m a grad student and I took six courses this semester. Additionally
I was in the practicum for 10 hours in a week. Most importantly I
start running a group with the international students in my college on
Friday evenings. It was a cultural adjustment group for 2 hours from 5
to 7.
Anyway, I want to tell the good news to you. I’m accepted to the
University of Cincinnati’s counselor education doctoral program. I’ll
start by January, as soon as I graduate from my master’s.
Additionally, my current college, Xavier University awarded me with
The Lon Kriner Outstanding Counseling Award. It’s a great honor for
me.
Hope to have more contact
Elif